Makes 4 tacos
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large onion, diced (with a little bit set aside for garnish)
- 1 tsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- sea salt to taste
- 4 corn tortillas
- Over medium heat, in a large cast iron skillet, heat the avocado oil.
- Add the onion to the hot skillet and sauté a few minutes.
- Stir in coconut aminos, then all the spices.
- Put onions and pecans in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles ground beef.
- To serve, divide pecan mixture between the tortillas, then top with raw onion and cilantro.
Recipe by Katy Allen of @savoringtheflavoring