Pecan + Mustard Green Pesto
Makes about 1 cup
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- A few big handfuls of mustard greens (or spinach)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Lightly toast pecans in a skillet over medium heat, just until fragrant and warmed.
- Add pecans to a food processor, and with the machine running, drop the garlic cloves through the feeder chute to mince them.
- Turn off the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add in the mustard greens (or whichever green you prefer) and process until fully minced.
- Turn off the machine and scrape down the sides again, then add in the parm-regg and lemon juice. Process again, and with the machine running, drizzle olive oil through the feeder chute until pesto reaches desired consistency.
- Season to taste with sea salt.
Recipe by Katy Allen of @savoringtheflavoring