Dark Chocolate Pecan Bars
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 scoops collagen
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey, warmed in a saucepan for a couple minutes (or use maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/2 cup sweet potato pecan butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, not melted
- Handful dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine coconut flour with melted coconut oil and warmed honey in a larger bowl. Line a smaller baking dish (I used a loaf pan) with parchment paper and press mixture down into the dish. You want to make sure it’s pressed evenly into
- the entire base of dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let cool completely. Add the pecan butter and coconut oil to a sauce pan over low heat stirring constantly. Once everything is combined and melted, remove from heat and add in the chocolate chips.
- Stir to remove the chunks of chocolate and then pour mixture over the shortbread and swirl with a fork to get a marbled look. Place in fridge for at least one hour. Slice into bars and enjoy! I store in the freezer and let it sit out for a couple minutes before eating.
Recipe by @kailascleanplate.