Avocado Key Lime Pie
Hands down, y’all have never seen a key lime pie this beautiful! And you’ve definitely never eaten one this loaded with nourishing ingredients. For this luscious, lightened-up treat, we started with the easiest no-bake pie crust ever, made with our grain-free granola and zero added sweeteners, then we swapped out the heavy dairy for a healthier, but still insanely creamy avocado and coconut cream base. We know it might sound strange, but avocado is good for so much more than just toast. In fact, with that tangy lime and sweet syrup, you can’t even taste the avocado, but you’ll still benefit from all that healthy fat and fiber! Have you tried making a no-bake pie crust with our granola yet?
- 2 1/2 cups Purely Pecans Grain-Free Granola
- 3 tbsp softened coconut oil
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lime
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, chilled
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- For the crust, in a food processor or blender, process the granola until it’s a crumb consistency. Add in the coconut oil and pulse a few times, until the crumbs come together. Press mixture into a pie plate and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- For the filling, in a food processor or blender, blend the avocados until smooth, then pulse in the rest of the ingredients to incorporate. Pour into the pie shell and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Mix coconut cream and maple syrup, then spoon on top of the pie. Garnish with lime zest and more granola crumbs if desired.
Recipe by Katy Allen of @savoringtheflavoring